Wrongful Deaths In Shreveport, Louisiana
What Is Wrongful Death?
Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim?
Louisiana law states that dependents and immediate family members may be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit. This includes the deceased’s spouse, children or parents.
In a wrongful death lawsuit, surviving family members must prove that the defendant acted intentionally, negligently or recklessly and that their actions or negligence was causally connected to the victim’s death. That is were an experienced attorney can make a real difference in investigating and building the case for liability.
How Is A Wrongful Death Compensated?
The survivors may be able to recover damages for:
- Medical and funeral expenses
- Loss of the person’s earnings or potential earnings
- Loss of health and medical benefits
- Loss of household services the victim had provided
- Loss of the deceased’s companionship, care. guidance and emotional support
- The survivors’ grief and anguish
Let Us Take Care Of Everything
This is a trying time for your family, but it is important to preserve evidence and preserve your rights under the statute of limitations. Leave all the details to the Law Office of Alan Stegall. Call my Shreveport office at 318-386-4371 or contact me online. I provide a free consultation, and I handle wrongful death cases in both Louisiana and Texas.